The Quest for the Best Burger in Corvallis

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Jamie's Hamburgers

Jamie's Hamburgers is our first review. Overall it was a pretty tasty experience.

Skyler says:

I ordered the Big Bopper Burger which is a cream cheese/bacon/avacado burger.

I have to day that this was a very high quality burger! Yum! Very meaty and the cream cheese made it taste awesome even if it did keep sticking in my beard.

Add a chocolate malt shake and you are set for some good times as far as flavor is concerned.

The fries, however, were *OK* The were pretty crispy, but not like steak fries or anything. They were the small fries so I think they were just cooked too long. But I don't write off a place for its fries!

The waitress was also very nice. I even made a stupid joke and she was a good sport. She asked me how I would like my burger cooked, and I replied "on the grill, please"

Skyler rates it: 8.0

Shauna says:


I wanted to start at Jamie's because it's a Corvallis staple. I used to come here with my family and get the kids meal in a cardboard box shaped like a classic car. Their burgers are just my type: juicy and delicious, with a homemade sensibility.

I ordered my regular: medium well with mayo, mustard and lettuce (Skyler will be sampling the specials, while I'll be the control group in this experiment). It was cooked perfectly, with a great flavor. A little shy on the lettuce, however. Of note: the bun, exactly the type you'd find in the cheapest package of hamburger buns at WinCo. Which is to say: I thought it was perfect. Skyler is right, the fries are a touch weenie... think Burger King. But never having been much of a fan of health foods (which in my mind includes fries that taste like potatoes), I can't complain.

Milkshakes made from real ice cream? Bonus points for sure. They have some unusual flavors (including root beer and lime), and the super-exciting option to combine up to three flavors to create your own perfect shake.

Like the ever-elusive perfect backyard BBQ burger, for me, Jamie's is the one to beat.

Shauna rates it: 9.0

On a personal note, I look forward to not having to look at cream cheese stuck in Skyler's teeth (and beard) during our next meal. I would say, I also look forward to not hearing that "on the grill" joke again, but I know better. :)